This privacy statement is effective as of January 1, 2020. Please note that this privacy statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
If you are not a California resident, this privacy statement does not apply to you.
This Atos|Syntel Statement for California Residents applies to California residents whose personal information is processed by Atos Syntel . Inc and/or subsidiaries and affiliates (including sister Atos|Syntel companies but excluding parent companies), pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), including how we protect the personal information we process and control relating to you (“your personal information”; "your information") and which rights you have in relation to the processing of your personal information.
If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your personal data, and you may have additional rights with regard to how we use your personal data.
Atos|Syntel does not and will not sell, rent or trade your personal data. We will only disclose your personal data in the ways set out in this Statement, including in the following circumstances:
- To any entity within the Atos|Syntel group where we have a legitimate interest in such transfer
- To third parties who process your personal data on our behalf (such as our IT systems providers, email application providers, employee recruitment providers, payroll providers, health services providers, employee training providers, travel agents, insurance brokers, employee immigration services providers and legal experts, survey development software providers, compensation and benefits services providers, and background verification check providers);
- To third parties operating communication channels or services over which Atos|Syntel provides information in response to your request;
- To third parties who process your personal data on their own behalf for the purpose of providing us or you with a service on behalf of us (such as our industry event organizers, employment law experts, or our employee pensions providers);
- To third parties in the course of offering or providing services to you. For example, settlement agents and HR consultants;
- To other financial institutions or regulatory bodies with whom information is shared for money laundering checks, credit risk reduction and other fraud and crime prevention purposes;
- Undertaking data analytics to improve business performance and opportunities within Atos|Syntel;
- To any central or local government department and other statutory or public bodies; or
- To Atos|Syntel’s clients for their operational purposes.
When Atos|Syntel transfers your personal data to third parties, those third parties are contractually bound to provide at least the same level of protection for such personal data, as is described in this Statement, and may not use the personal data for any unauthorized purpose
Your rights in relation to your personal data. Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request that we disclose access to your personal data within the past 12 months.
- Request deletion of your personal data.
- Request information about the personal data we have disclosed for a business purposes and/or “sold” (as such term is defined under the CCPA) to third parties within the past 12 months.
- Opt-out of the “sale” of your personal data. You have the right, as a California resident, to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal data.
- Right to non-discrimination: This specifies that Atos|Syntel will not discriminate against you in any way or under any circumstance for exercising your rights to your data under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise any of the rights described in this section, you may use the following methods to submit a request in relation to your personal data:
Email to: email@example.com or Phone +1 919 719 5775 or +1 919 741 5757
Last Updated:February 14, 2020